Upside-Down Ginger-Pecan "Peach Pie"
Sliced fresh peaches are tossed in a cinnamon, brown sugar and butter mixture, grilled and served over a scoop of vanilla ice cream and crispy, ginger-pecan shortbread crumbles.
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 213
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 24g
Saturated Fat 14g
Trans Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 7g
Total Carbohydrates 41g
Dietary Fiber 3g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 2 tablespoon minced crystallized ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon - divided use
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons softened butter - divided use
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar, firmly packed
- 4 Summeripe peaches, pitted and cut into 8 slices each
- 8 small scoops vanilla bean ice cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C) and lightly butter a loaf pan.
- Stir together flour, powdered sugar, pecans, crystallized ginger and 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Add in 1/2 cup butter and mix well to form a soft dough.
- Press into the bottom of prepared pan and bake for 25 minutes. Set aside to cool, then break into a rough crumble, leaving some larger and smaller pieces.
- Melt remaining butter and cinnamon with brown sugar in a large bowl in the microwave.
- Toss fruit in butter mixture then grill over high heat for about 1 to 2 minutes on each side to lightly brown. Remove from grill.
- Place ice cream in bowls and top with warm fruit and sprinkle with crumbled shortbread.
Mountain View Fruit https://mvfruit.com/