The Sweet Summeripe White Peach Sauce is the perfect dessert topping for ice cream, gelato, cake, or any other sweet treat!
- 4 Summeripe White Flesh Peaches, skinned, quartered, and pitted
- ¾ cup ruby port wine
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Puree peaches in a blender.
- Strain the puree mixture through a fine sieve into a bowl, pressing to produce 1 cup of fresh white peach nectar. Set the remaining white peach puree aside.
- Place 1 cup of the fresh white peach nectar, 1 tablespoon white peach puree and ruby port wine into a medium sauce pan.
- Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes. Stirring occasionally.
- Add brown sugar stirring until dissolved.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for about 20 minutes or when the sauce is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon, stirring occasionally.
- Add butter and stir until better has melted.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla and cinnamon.
- Serve over your favorite dessert and enjoy!
- Serving Tip: Drizzle the Sweet Summeripe White Peach Sauce over your favorite ice cream or gelato and serve with Summeripe Grilled Peaches and Nectarine Glazed Walnuts!