Sweet & Savory Grilled Stonefruit Kabobs
Sweet & Savory Grilled Summeripe Stonefruit Kabobs are a delicious and amazingly simple treat to grill up and serve for any occasion. What could be better than sweet, juicy Summeripe peaches and nectarines wrapped in savory prosciutto, grilled to perfection, then drizzled with reduced balsamic vinegar?
- 1 Summeripe Yellow Peaches, sliced
- 1 Summeripe Yellow Nectarines, sliced
- 12 slices thinly sliced prosciutto, cut in half lengthwise*
- 1/3 cup dark balsamic vinegar (See Notes)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 package wooden skewer sticks
- Pre-heat grill to medium-high or 350 degrees
- While reducing the balsamic vinegar, slice 1 Summeripe Peach, 1 Summeripe Nectarine, and prosciutto
- Wrap 1 piece of prosciutto around 1 slice of fruit and skewer 3-4 prosciutto wrapped fruit slices onto the wooden skewers, 4-6 slices per skewer
- Brush a light layer of olive oil onto the prosciutto wrapped fruit slices
- Place skewers onto grill for 7-10 minutes or until black grill lines are visible
- Flip skewers over and repeat step 6
- Remove from heat and drizzle with reduced balsamic vinegar and enjoy!!
To reduce balsamic vinegar
- In a saucepan, cook balsamic vinegar over low heat for 20-25 minutes or until reduced to 2 tablespoons, stirring occasionally. Be careful not to let the balsamic over reduce and burn. Store reduced balsamic vinegar in a bottle or jar for up to 6 months.
- *Have enough prosciutto slices to wrap around each fruit slice. We had 12 slices for each piece of fruit, giving us a total of 24 fruit slices. We cut 12 full slices of prosciutto in half lengthwise, giving us 24 total strips of prosciutto.
- Serve with the Summeripe Peach Prohibition for the ultimate summertime BBQ appetizer!