These peachy, simple, gluten-free, & vegan muffins are moist with irresistibly crispy edges.
- 3/4 cup mashed Summeripe Yellow Peaches, about 2 very ripe peaches
- 1/4 cup Summeripe Yellow Peach puree, about 2 very ripe peaches
- 3/4 cup all-purpose gluten-free flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon light agave nectar
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts (3 ounces)
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Line 10 muffin cups with paper liners.
- In a small bowl, whisk the flour with the baking soda, baking powder, corn starch, cinnamon and salt.
- To make the peach puree, skin and slice 2 peaches then place in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the mashed peaches and peach puree with the brown sugar, oil, vanilla and agave.
- Stir in the dry ingredients just until incorporated, then stir in half of the walnuts.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin cups, filling each one three-quarters full. Top with the remaining walnuts.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until the muffins are golden and a toothpick tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Transfer the muffins to a rack to cool slightly before serving.
- The muffins can be stored at room temperature for 2 days or freeze the muffins to enjoy all year long.
Keywords: breakfast gluten free vegan