Summeripe Plumcot (or Plum) Relish
Make your hot dogs “Summeripe Style” with our delicious Plumcot (or Plum) Relish! This versatile relish is so much more gourmet then the neon green, hot dog stand version. Grilled onions, Summeripe plums, and dill pickles create a tangy yet sweet summer time topping that is the perfect on grilled hot dogs
- 2 Summeripe Plumcots, diced (may substitute plums)
- 2 red onions, sliced crosswise 1/2 inch thick
- 1 medium dill pickle, diced
- 1/4 cup sherry vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 1 Serrano chili pepper, minced (optional)
- Season with salt and pepper to taste
- Brush the onions with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill over moderate high heat, turning once, until lightly charred and softened, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a work surface, let cool, and dice the grilled onions.
- Combine all ingredients into a medium size bowl and toss. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Spoon Plumcot Relish over grilled hot dogs and enjoy!
- The Summeripe Plumcot Relish is great with Dijon or Yellow Mustard!
Keywords: plumcot relish