Summeripe Plums and fragrant herbs blend together brilliantly to create this delicious & versatile compote to serve with grilled pork, chicken, or alongside the Angel Red Pomegranate-Glazed Lamb Chops. A combination of Summeripe plums and Summeripe plumcots can be used to add a unique and delicious twist to this delightful stone fruit inspired recipe.
- 1/2 – 2 pounds Summeripe plums (4 to 5 plums) chopped. May use a combination of Summeripe plums and Summeripe Plumcots
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup sherry cooking wine
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 large garlic clove, pressed or minced
- 1 teaspoon dried savory
- 3/4 teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ancho chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground fenugreek
- 1/4 cup packed cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped flat leaf parsley
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a medium saucepan, combine the plums with water and cooking sherry. Bring to boil. Simmer over moderate heat, stirring often, until the plums are falling apart, about 20 minutes.
- Add the sugar and garlic and cook, stirring, until the sugar is dissolved, about 2 minutes. Remove compote from the heat and let cool.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, combine the savory, coriander, anchor chili powder, ground fenugreek and cinnamon. Toast the spices over moderate heat, shaking the pan, until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Stir the spices into the compote and season with salt and pepper. Scrape the compote into a bowl and fold in the cilantro, scallions and parsley.
- Serving Size: 8
- Calories: 53
- Sugar: 10
- Sodium: 68
- Fat: 0
- Saturated Fat: 0
- Unsaturated Fat: 0
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 13
- Protein: 1
- Cholesterol: 0