Serve our Summeripe Plum Bran Muffins for a delicious and healthy breakfast that the whole family will love!
- 2 Summeripe Plums, diced
- 1 cup all-bran cereal
- 1 cup flour
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons raw sugar (cane turbinado)
- 2 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees. Combine bran cereal and orange juice in a bowl; let stand several minutes for the cereal to absorb the juice.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, both sugars, baking powder and salt.
- Stir egg and oil into bran cereal until well mixed.
- Add bran cereal mixture and diced plums to the dry ingredients; stir only until dry ingredient are moistened.
- Spoon thick batter into greased muffin cups.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from pan and serve warm.