The Summeripe Nectarine Glazed Walnuts are the perfect sweet and crunchy treat to serve with cheese, sprinkle on ice cream & salads, or serve them as a sweet treat all on their own.
- 1 Summeripe Nectarine, skinned, quartered and pitted
- 4 cups of raw walnut pieces
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons agave nectar or 4 tablespoons of honey
- 1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2. Spread walnut pieces onto a cookie sheet. Roast for 10 minutes.
- 3. Remove from oven and let roasted walnut pieces cool on the cookie sheet.
- 4. In a blender, puree the Summeripe Nectarine pieces to make nectarine pulp.
- 5. In a small bowl add agave nectar and 4 tablespoons of the pureed Summeripe Nectarine pulp, stir until blended.
- 6. In a skillet over medium high heat, melt butter, being careful not to burn.
- 7. Add sweeten Summeripe Nectarine mixture to the hot skillet, stir until blended. Continue to stir until thicken, 1-2 minutes.
- 8. Add roasted walnuts to the skillet, stir until coated.
- 9. Remove from heat and spread glazed walnuts back onto cookie sheet.
- 10. Roast the glazed walnuts at 400 degrees for 6 minutes.
- 11. Let cool. Store in refrigerator.
- Serving Size: 18
- Calories: 165
- Sugar: 2
- Sodium: 1
- Fat: 16
- Saturated Fat: 2
- Unsaturated Fat: 13
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 5
- Protein: 4
- Cholesterol: 3