Bake in the oven or throw onto the grill, the Summeripe Nectarine and Prosciutto Flatbread Summeripe is the perfect appetizer for all of your summertime gatherings. Nectarine slices make this delicious and easy flatbread a savory yet sweet summertime treat!
- 2 Summeripe Yellow Nectarines, skinned, pitted, and thinly sliced (may substitute Summeripe Peaches)
- 3 ounces (8–10 slices) thinly sliced prosciutto, cut into strips
- 1/3 cup dark balsamic vinegar
- 4 tablespoons spreadable goat cheese
- 2 heaping handfuls of fresh basil, torn
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1–8.8 ounce package of flatbread/2 per package
- Sea salt or Kosher salt to taste
- In a saucepan, cook balsamic vinegar over low heat for 20-25 minutes or until reduced to 2 tablespoons, stirring occasionally. Be careful not to let the balsamic over reduce and burn
- Preheat oven to 450° F
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil into a skillet, lightly brown both sides of the flatbread
- Spread goat cheese onto one side of the flatbread
- Layer basil, prosciutto, and Summeripe Nectarines slices on the flatbread, adding salt to taste
- Bake in oven in for 10 minutes or until flatbread edges are brown and crisp
- Drizzle reduced balsamic vinegar onto the flatbreads and enjoy!
- Here at Summeripe we love to grill our Summeripe Nectarine & Prosciutto Flatbread! To grill the flatbread, heat grill to medium to medium-high and lightly brown both sides of the flatbread before adding the toppings. After toppings are added, grill the flatbread for 10-12 minutes or until edges are brown and crisp. Drizzle with reduced balsamic vinegar and enjoy!