Summeripe Peach & Nectarine Mini Cobblers
- 4 Summeripe Peaches, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch-thick wedges
- 4 Summeripe Nectarines, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch-thick wedges
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup raw cane sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream, for serving
- Preheat the broiler on high and position a rack about 6 inches from the heat.
- In a large bowl, toss the Summeripe Peaches & Nectarines with the brown sugar and scrape them onto a rimmed baking sheet.
- Broil the Summeripe Peaches & Nectarines for about 15 minutes, flipping them halfway through, until caramelized and juicy. Let the Summeripe Peaches & Nectarines cool slightly. Lower the oven temperature to 375°.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, raw cane sugar, baking soda and salt. Add the butter and, with your fingers, rub it into the mixture evenly. Stir in the egg yolk and vanilla. Refrigerate the crumb topping.
- In a separate bowl, toss the cooled Summeripe Peaches & Nectarines with the lemon juice; divide among six 8-ounce ramekins.
- Sprinkle with the crumb topping and bake until the topping is golden and the fruit is bubbling, about 20 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes, then serve with the vanilla ice cream