Our Summeripe Grilled Plum Pizza is quick, easy, and savory way to enjoy delicious Summeripe plums or pluots!
- 2 Summeripe Plumcots or Plums, pitted & cut into thin wedges. May add or substitute with nectarines and/or peaches.
- 1 thin pizza crust or flatbread
- 3–4 tablespoons Pesto Sauce (we love to use kale based pesto sauce but traditional pesto is great as well)
- 1 small yellow onion, sliced into thin rings
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes in extra virgin olive oil, diced
- 1 1/2 ounces prosciutto, cut or torn into 1 inch pieces
- 2–3 ounces of fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into thin pieces
- 2 ounces parmigiano-reggiano cheese, grated
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat grill to medium high heat.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a cast iron skillet on the gas grill or stove top, sauté the onions until brown and caramelized. Remove skillet from the heat and toss the diced sun-dried tomatoes into skillet and toss with the onions. Set aside.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of olive oil on the pizza crust. Place directly onto the hot grill until lightly brown and warm on both sides of pizza crust, a couple of minutes.
- Remove pizza crust to a work surface and spread pesto sauce on one side of the crust. Top mozzarella cheese, sautéed onion and sun-dried tomato mixture, prosciutto, parmigiano-reggiano cheese and plumcot wedges evenly onto the crust.
- Place pizza crust back onto hot grill until warm and cheese is melted, 5-10 minutes. Let cool. Slice, serve, & enjoy!