This Spicy Summeripe Nectarine-Tequila glaze with a kick of spicy Serrano chili peppers is perfect for grilled chicken breasts, chicken skewers, & shrimp!
- 4 Summeripe Nectarines, skinned, coarsely chopped and pitted
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 4 Serrano chili peppers, 3 thinly sliced, 1 minced
- 1/2 cup tequila
- 1/4 cup agave nectar or 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 lime cut into wedges
- Melt butter in a large sauce pan.
- Add nectarines, lime zest, lemon zest, lemon juice, lime juice and 3 thinly sliced Serrano chilies. Sauté about 10 minutes or until soft.
- Mix in tequila and agave nectar.
- Simmer glaze mixture uncovered for about 15 minutes.
- Puree mixture in a blender.
- Pour nectarine puree into a medium size bowl.
- Stir in cilantro and remaining minced Serrano chili pepper into the nectarine puree mixture.
- Refrigerate in a covered container.
- Serving Suggestion: Brush the Spicy Summeripe Nectarine-Tequila Glaze onto grilled chicken and/or shrimp during the last 2-3 minutes of cooking. Serve with lime wedges, grilled nectarines, and fresh cilantro.
- Serving Size: 8
- Calories: 113
- Sugar: 9
- Sodium: 3
- Fat: 3
- Saturated Fat: 2
- Unsaturated Fat: 1
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 14
- Protein: 1
- Cholesterol: 8