Plum and Quinoa Salad
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 185
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 21g
Saturated Fat 2g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 10g
Monounsaturated Fat 8g
Total Carbohydrates 31g
Dietary Fiber 4g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1 1/4 cup quinoa
- 2 1/2 cup water
- 2 large Summeripe® plums, pitted and diced
- 1/2 cup chopped, toasted walnuts
- 1/4 cup each: chopped red and yellow bell pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 3 tablespoons each: flaxseed oil and extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Rinse quinoa and drain well. Add to boiling water; reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 12 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork and let chill for about 30 minutes.
- Stir together quinoa, plums, walnuts, peppers and onions in a medium bowl.
- Whisk together remaining ingredients in a small bowl and pour over salad; toss well to coat all ingredients with dressing. Cover and chill for 1 hour.
Mountain View Fruit https://mvfruit.com/