Summeripe Peach Jerk Sausage
This sweet & spicy sausage brings an island flavor to your table! Whether you're an experienced sausage maker or have never done it before, this simple recipe calls for just a few ingredients, but will leaving a lasting memory with it's distinct flavor. Give it a shot, step up your grilling game and don't be a jerk!
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 129
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 14g
Saturated Fat 5g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 7g
Total Carbohydrates 2g
Dietary Fiber 0g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 4 pounds Pork Shoulder cubed
- 2 medium sized Summeripe Peaches
- 1 tablespoon Salt
- 5 tablespoons Caribbean Jerk Seasoning
- 10-12 feet of hog casing
- 1 cup water
- Thoroughly rinse hog casing in water to remove salt. Make sure to run water though the casing and let it soak, this will make sliding the casing onto the stuffer nozzle easier. Set aside.
- Remove skin from Summeripe Peach and finely dice or use a food processor.
- Grind cubed pork shoulder using a medium holed grind plate.
- Combine the ground pork, peach, salt, Caribbean Jerk seasoning and water. You can combine by hand or use a mixer with a paddle attachment for about 1 minute then refrigerate. Don’t overwork or the fat will begin to break down but the meat should be a little tacky and want to stick to itself.
- At this point I like to cook a small patty to test seasoning and see if anything needs to be added.
- Slide hog casing onto the stuffer nozzle.
- Push the ground meat until it reaches the tip of the nozzle then tie off the casing. This helps reduce the amount of air bubbles.
- Continue pushing through the meat keeping a thumb and forefinger lightly on the casing to control the plumpness of the sausage. Do not overfill or the casing will break when you twist into links.
- Twist sausage into 5-6 inch links.
- Cook pork thoroughly, to 180 degrees F. Alternatively, cook low and slow in smoker for best results.
Mountain View Fruit https://mvfruit.com/