A fun dessert to incorporate delicious summer peaches in a light and fluffy cream puff. An eye catching treat that will be delectable at any get together.
1 (14oz) sheet store-bought frozen puff pastry
2 cups : heavy whipping cream
½ cup : confectioners’ sugar
1 teaspoon : vanilla extract
2 cups : finely sliced fresh peaches
1 tablespoon : fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon : granulated sugar
Confectioners’ sugar for dusting
1. Preheat the oven to 400 ℉. Line a large sheet pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
2. Lay out the puff pastry onto a clean, lightly floured work surface. Using a sharp knife or pastry wheel, cut the puff pastry into 12 equal squares. Transfer the squares to the prepared sheet pan. Sprinkle some sugar for a textured crust. Can also use shaped cutters to get shapes you prefer; in images we used a peach shaped cutter.
3. Bake until crust is golden and pastry has puffed up, about 15-17 minutes.
4. For filling, in a large bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners’ sugar and vanilla; beat until stiff peaks form.
5. Mix sliced peaches with lemon juice and granulated sugar. Toss peaches till everything is well incorporated.
6. Split puffs in half and begin filling with whipped cream and a few slices of peaches. Dust with additional confectioners’ sugar.