2 very rip yellow peaches, peeled and finely diced
2 very ripe bananas, peeled
2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice (About 1 lemon)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup butter
1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup wheat germ
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mash bananas and peaches and mix them with the lemon juice.
- Cream butter and sugar together and add the banana peach mixture, stirring well.
- In a separate bowl stir together the dry ingredients. Add to the banana peach mixture and stir in nuts if desired.
- The dough will be very stiff. Turn into 4 small loaf pans and bake for 20-25 minutes. Or turn into 1 large loaf pan and bake for 30-45 minutes.
- To test for doneness, insert a knife into the load; if it comes out clean, the bread is done.
Keywords: peach banana baking bread breakfast dessert