For salmon & glaze
- 4–5 lbs Salmon, full skinless top lion cut
- ¼ cup sweet chili sauce
- ½ cup teriyaki sauce
- 2 mandarins, juiced
- Mandarin garlic pepper or lemon garlic pepper
Edamame & Mandarin Salad
- 10–12 mandarins, segmented
- 1 cup shelled edamame, cooked
- Mandarin Honey Vinaigrette dressing
- In a bowl, combine sweet chili sauce, teriyaki sauce, and the juice of two mandarins.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a cookie sheet with foil.
- Cut salmon filets into 4 equal portions, 12-16 inches long and 1-1 ½ inches wide. Take two filets and braid into a half circle and place on foil lined baking sheet. Repeat with the other two strips to make full salmon circle.
- Season salmon with Mandarin Garlic Pepper and brush on sweet mandarin glaze.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes or until salmon is done. Glaze salmon again after 15 minutes.
- For the salad, combine mandarin segments, edamame, and mandarin honey vinaigrette. Toss lightly to coat evenly.
To make Mandarin Garlic Pepper
- 2 TBSP dehydrated mandarin rind powder
- 10 TBSP garlic pepper
- 2 TBSP onion powder
- 1 TBSP pink Himalayan sea salt
- 1 TBSP white powder
- 1 TBSP garlic salt
- Combine ingredients in a bowl and stir to thoroughly combine.
To dehydrate Mandarin peels
- 10 Meyer lemons
- Peel off the skin of the mandarin.. Place the peels on the dehydrator rack and dry at 95 degrees for several hours. Peels are done with they snap and do not bend. Place dried peels in a blender or coffee grinder and grind into a powder.