Rascal Mandarins add a bright citrus twist to this classic shrimp ceviche appetizer.
- 1 lb. shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 16 mandarins
- 2 Meyer lemons
- 2 limes
- 1 lemon
- 2 cucumbers, peeled and finely diced
- 1 or 2 jalapeños, finely diced
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- ¼ bunch cilantro (or more to taste), coarsely chopped
- Pink Himalayan sea salt
- White pepper
- Quickly and gently poach the shrimp in salted water.
- Cut the shrimp into bite size pieces.
- Juice the Meyer lemons, lemon, lime, and 1 cup of mandarin juice and add to shrimp and marinate for 15-30 minutes. Make sure that the shrimp is fully submerged in the citrus juice.
- Add the diced fresh ingredients to the shrimp and citrus juice. Stir gently to combine.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cut the avocados in half and remove the pits.
- Spoon ceviche onto avocado halves.
- Saturated Fat: 0
- Trans Fat: 0
Keywords: citrus healthy