Dress up your next salad with Peggy’s original fruity, tangy, easy to make, and just plain delicious Summeripe Nectarine Nectar Salad Dressing
- 3 Summeripe Nectarines, skinned, quartered and pitted
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons agave or honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- To make the Summeripe Nectarine Nectar place Summeripe Nectarines and apple cider vinegar into a blender and purée. Place a fine mesh strainer over a wide mouth jar or bowl. Pour puree mixture the mesh strainer to remove nectarine solids. To speed up the straining process, press mixture with the back of a large table spoon. Discard puree solids from the strainer, pour the nectarine nectar into the blender. Yields about 1/2 cup of nectar.
- Finish the dressing by adding lemon juice, champagne and sherry vinegar, agave (or honey), salt, and cayenne pepper to the Summeripe Nectarine nectar and blend.
- Add olive oil and blend until smooth.
- Pour over your favorite salad greens and store Summeripe Nectarine Nectar Salad Dressing in the refrigerator.
- Remove the skin for an extra smooth salad dressing or leave the skin on to create a thicker salad dressing consistency
- Serve on our Grilled Peach & Arugula Salad with cumbled goat cheese, crispy pancetta, and nectarine glazes pecans for a healthy and Summeripe fruit-filled salad