Feeling fancy? Our Summeripe White Nectarine, ginger, and thyme champagne cocktail is the perfect drink for summer celebrations or a rejuvenating Sunday brunch.
- 3 Summeripe White Nectarines (or Peaches), sliced + 1 for garnish
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup honey or agave nectar
- 1 large chunk (about 1 inch) ginger, peeled and sliced
- Handful of fresh thyme sprigs + more for garnish
- 1 bottle of your favorite champagne or sparkling wine
- In a saucepan combine water and honey over medium-to-medium high heat and bring to a light boil. Turn the heat down and stir until honey dissolves completely.
- Add in Summeripe White Nectarines slices, ginger, and thyme sprigs. Simmer for 5-7 minutes then remove thyme sprigs. Continue to simmer the Summeripe White Nectarines and ginger until liquid had reduced by about 1/3, about 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and let cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Strain the liquid into to a large mason jar. Discard the ginger.
- To assemble drink, place a fresh Summeripe White Nectarine slice into a champagne flute and add 1-2 tablespoons of the Summeripe White Nectarine-ginger-thyme simple syrup. Pour in champagne and enjoy!
- This recipe makes more Summeripe White Nectarine-ginger-thyme simple syrup than what is needed for 12 cocktails. Store the extra simple syrup in the refrigerator
- Serving Size: 12
- Calories: 112
- Sugar: 26
- Sodium: 4
- Fat: 0
- Saturated Fat: 0
- Unsaturated Fat: 0
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 27
- Protein: 0
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: drinks beverages