- 3 pounds yellow or red potatoes
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 4 Tablespoons Brilliant Meyer Lemon compound butter
- 1/3 cup cold whipping cream
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 Brilliant Meyer Lemon, roasted and juiced
- juice of 1/2 Brilliant Meyer Lemon
- 1 full head garlic, roasted
- olive oil or lemon and garlic roasting
- Optional: 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- Place garlic in a garlic roaster or wrap in aluminum foil with a pinch of salt and olive oil.
- Cut lemon in half, drizzle with olive oil, and place in a small baking dish, cut side down. Roast with garlic for 45 minutes or until garlic is soft.
- Peel and cut potatoes into chunks and simmer gently until fully cooked. Drain the water.
- Mash potatoes and add Brilliant Meyer Lemon compound butter, juice from roasted lemon, roasted garlic, salt and pepper. Mash until smooth.
- Whisk together egg yolks and whipping cream. Mix into potatoes. Turn into a greased baking dish and bake at 375 degrees for about 20 minutes or until top is golden brown. Add cheese to top if desired.
Brilliant Meyer Lemon Compound Butter
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 Tablespoon (about 1 Brilliant Meyer Lemon) Brilliant Meyer Lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Brilliant Meyer Lemon Zest
- 1. Stir together softened butter, Brilliant Meyer Lemon juice, and zest.
- Serving Size: 8
- Calories: 252
- Sugar: 2
- Sodium: 253
- Fat: 10
- Saturated Fat: 6
- Unsaturated Fat: 4
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 33
- Protein: 9
- Cholesterol: 118