Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Peel and cube butternut squash. Coat with olive oil, salt and pepper. Arrange coated squash evenly on baking sheet. Roast until squash is tender, about 30 minutes.
While squash is roasting, combine quinoa, water, chicken broth, Brilliant Meyer Lemon juice, zest, 1/4 to 1/2 tsp. salt, edamame, and meyer lemon compound butter into a covered saucepan. Bring to a boil the turn down to a simmer.
Simmer until water is gone and quinoa is fluffy.
Finish with a squeeze of Brilliant Meyer Lemon juice to brighten up flavors.
Need a delicious, nutritious, and easy snack? Try the Summeripe Nectarine & Avocado Toast! Summeripe yellow nectarines, avocados & feta cheese toasted to crunchy perfection will satisfy all of your snack cravings.
1 Summeripe yellow nectarine, sliced into 10–12 slices
2 slices plain bread (we like sourdough)
1 very ripe avocado
1–2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
Handful of baby arugula
Salt & Pepper (to taste)
Scoop out avocado into a bowl, add in lime juice, salt & pepper. Roughly mash the avocados with a fork.
Split avocado mixture onto the two bread slices, add nectarine slices and crumbled feta.
Place onto a baking sheet to toast in the oven or on the grill (medium high heat) until the bread is toasted and cheese is slightly soft.
Remove from oven/grill and top with a drizzle of olive oil, salt, and baby arugula.
Who knew that a tasty & healthy breakfast could be this easy? Our Summeripe Peach Parfait only needs three ingredients to make your mornings a bit brighter: Summeripe Peaches, Summeripe Peach Granola, & Yogurt
1 or 2 Summeripe Yellow Peaches, diced
1/2 cup Summeripe Peach Granola (or your favorite granola)
1/2 cup Non-Fat Greek Yogurt (or your favorite yogurt)
Place about 1/4 cup of yogurt on the bottom of a glass
Add a layer of diced Summeripe Peaches onto the yogurt then add 1/4 cup of granola (placing the Summeripe Peaches on the yogurt before the granola will help the granola from getting soggy)
Add another layer of yogurt on top of the Summeripe Peaches and granola
Freezing Summeripe Stone Fruit using this step by step guide will make it easy to enjoy delicious Summeripe peaches and nectarines all year long. With a little preparation Summeripe peaches & nectarines freeze really well and then can be tossed into smoothies, desserts, and other stone fruit recipes at a later date. Frozen Summeripe peaches are also great plain — set aside a batch to munch on when you have a sweet craving.
4 Summeripe Peaches or Nectarines (4 Summeripe Peaches fit nicely onto a standard sized baking sheet but you can freeze as many Summeripe Peaches & Nectarines as you wish!)
1. Cut wax or parchment paper to cover your baking sheet. Using wax or parchment paper will help to keep the frozen fruit from sticking to the baking sheet.
2. Slice the fruit, try to slice the fruit into similar sized slices to ensure the fruit will freeze equally. We like to leave the skin on the fruit but you may also remove the skin if you wish
3. Carefully place the fruit slices onto the wax paper lined baking sheet. Do not let the fruit touch each other, this will help to avoid large clumps of frozen fruit.
4. Place the fruit slices & baking sheet into the freezer and allow to freeze for about 24 hours or until fruit slices are completely frozen
5. Once completely frozen, remove fruit for freezer and place into a large freezer bag and thoroughly seal the bag.
6. Store the bag of frozen fruit in the freezer and enjoy Summeripe Stone Fruit all year long!
Frozen Summeripe Peaches is also the secret ingredient in our Summeripe Peach Smoothie! Don’t water down your smoothies with ice cubes, use frozen peaches to make creamy, thick, and nutritious smoothies all year long.