A great and easy fruit cobbler that’s perfect for just about any occasion. Add in red flesh plumcots or plums for a surprising & sweet twist!
For the Summeripe Stone Fruit filling
- 6 cups sliced Summeripe peaches, nectarines, or plums or plumcots (about 8 medium-size fruit)
- ¾ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- ¾ cup water
- 2 ¼ tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 package (18.25 oz) yellow cake mix
- ½ cup butter or margarine, melted
- Ground cinnamon for sprinkling on top
- Preheat oven to 375*F
- Combine brown sugar, water, cornstarch, cinnamon and nutmeg in large saucepan. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture is thickened and bubbly. Add peaches, lemon juice and butter. Cook until peaches are hot, about 4 to 5 minutes. Keep stirring so mix doesn’t stick to bottom of pan.
- Pour hot filling into 9×13 rectangular baking dish. Sprinkle dry cake mix evenly on top and press down firmly. Drizzle the melted butter evenly over the cake mix. Sprinkle top lightly with cinnamon.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes, until top is crisp and light to medium brown.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream, if desired.