Brilliant Meyer Lemon Rosemary Brined Turkey
3 hr 15 min
3 hr 15 min
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 2756
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 306g
Saturated Fat 90g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 92g
Monounsaturated Fat 68g
Total Carbohydrates 344g
Dietary Fiber 12g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1 10-15 lb turkey
For the brine
- 2 quarts spiced apple cider vinegar
- 2 quarts unfiltered apple cider vinegar
- 4 quarts water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup kosher salt
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 Brilliant Meyer Lemons, juiced
- 2 sliced Brilliant Meyer Lemons
- 4 bay leaves
- 6 sprigs fresh rosemary
For roasting the turkey
- 10 sage leaves
- Pepper to taste
- Brilliant Meyer Lemon compound butter
- In a large container stir together apple cider vinegars, water, sugar, salt, lemon juice, and honey.
- Add lemon slices, bay leaves, rosemary and turkey.
- Fully submerge turkey and place container in refrigerator to soak for 18-36 hours
- To roast the turkey, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Take the turkey out of the brine and place it in a roasting pan. Save the lemon slices and herbs
- Rub turkey with meyer lemon compound butter on the inside and outside of the skin and cavity. Place sage leaves under skin.
- Stuff lemon slices and rosemary sprigs inside the cavity and tie the turkey's legs together with kitchen twine.
- Roast turkey for 2.5-4 hours, basting every 30 minutes or so with the juices in the pan. Turkey is done when the thickest part of the thigh reads 180 degrees or the breast reads 170 degrees.
Brilliant Meyer Lemon Compound Butter
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 Tablespoon (about 1 Brilliant Meyer Lemon) Brilliant Meyer Lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Brilliant Meyer Lemon Zest
- Stir together softened butter, Brilliant Meyer Lemon juice, and zest.
Mountain View Fruit https://mvfruit.com/