Summeripe Nectarine Glazed Walnuts
The Summeripe Nectarine Glazed Walnuts are the perfect sweet and crunchy treat to serve with cheese, sprinkle on ice cream & salads, or serve them as a sweet treat all on their own.
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 133
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 16g
Saturated Fat 2g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 11g
Monounsaturated Fat 2g
Total Carbohydrates 5g
Dietary Fiber 2g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1 Summeripe Nectarine, skinned, quartered and pitted
- 4 cups of raw walnut pieces
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons agave nectar or 4 tablespoons of honey
- 1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2. Spread walnut pieces onto a cookie sheet. Roast for 10 minutes.
- 3. Remove from oven and let roasted walnut pieces cool on the cookie sheet.
- 4. In a blender, puree the Summeripe Nectarine pieces to make nectarine pulp.
- 5. In a small bowl add agave nectar and 4 tablespoons of the pureed Summeripe Nectarine pulp, stir until blended.
- 6. In a skillet over medium high heat, melt butter, being careful not to burn.
- 7. Add sweeten Summeripe Nectarine mixture to the hot skillet, stir until blended. Continue to stir until thicken, 1-2 minutes.
- 8. Add roasted walnuts to the skillet, stir until coated.
- 9. Remove from heat and spread glazed walnuts back onto cookie sheet.
- 10. Roast the glazed walnuts at 400 degrees for 6 minutes.
- 11. Let cool. Store in refrigerator.
Mountain View Fruit Sales http://mvfruit.com/