Healthy Oat Peaches and Cream Muffins
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 69
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 8g
Saturated Fat 2g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 3g
Total Carbohydrates 30g
Dietary Fiber 2g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1 cup flour
- 3/4 cup quick oats
- 2/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon firmly packed brown sugar, divided
- 1/3 cup oat bran
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup low-fat cream cheese
- 1 cup peeled, chopped Summeripe® peaches, divided
- 1 cup skim milk
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup toasted, chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F and spray 12 muffin tins with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine dry ingredients in a medium bowl, reserving 1 tablespoon brown sugar; mix well and set aside.
- Stir together cream cheese and the reserved 1 tablespoon sugar. When well blended, fold in 1/4 cup peaches.
- Add milk, oil, vanilla and egg to dry ingredients, mixing just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Lightly stir in remaining peaches and walnuts. Spoon 3/4 of the mixture into prepared muffin tine.
- Place teaspoonful of the cream cheese mixture in the center of each then spoon remaining batter over the top.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Mountain View Fruit Sales http://mvfruit.com/