Grilled Nectarine and Butter Lettuce Salad with Bacon and Pistachios
1 hr 30 min
1 hr 30 min
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 162
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 18g
Saturated Fat 4g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 3g
Monounsaturated Fat 10g
Total Carbohydrates 15g
Dietary Fiber 3g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1 Summeripe® nectarine, peeled and pitted
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons sherry or champagne vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 Summeripe® nectatines, pitted
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, flattened slightly
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 cups washed and torn butter lettuce, lightly packed
- 1/3 cup shelled pistachios
- 6 strips crisp, cooked bacon; crumbled
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a blender or food processor and puree until smooth. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- Cut each nectarine into 8 slices. Place on a well-oiled grill over medium-high heat and cook for a few minutes on each side until light brown.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper; place on grill and cook for about 5 minutes on each side or until cooked thorugh. Let cool. (Dressing, chicken and fruit may be made ahead and chilled for up to one day).
- Place lettuce in a large salad bowl. Cut chicken into bite-sized strips and add to bowl with pistachios, bacon, green onions and dressing; toss well. Add grilled nectarines and toss again lightly.
- Note: for a spicier flavor, sprinkle chicken lightly with cayenne pepper before grilling.
- 340 calories,
- 24g protein,
- 19g carbohydrate,
- 19g total fat, 60mg cholesterol,
- 440mg sodium, 3g fiber
Mountain View Fruit Sales http://mvfruit.com/