We're nearing the end but have a way to go! In this update Bo shares the bounty of different fruit we have on offer all the way through October, also Mark shows how toppers can be used to create new FREE real estate to display late season fruit, and add extra income to the department! Click above to watch this insightful update. And now for a lean update from our world:
Weather: The San Joaquin Valley is starting to cool down little by little to the low 90s and upper 80s as we are ten days away from the official last day of summer and first days of autumn.
· We wait an extra week longer than others to pick grapes, allowing them time to go up a few more points on the brix meter. The quality, size, and taste of these grapes are hard (impossible?) to beat!
· We go to great lengths to grow excellent late season peaches and nectarines.
· Nectarines will be in good supply through September, and are still wowing us with their flavor and color.
· We’ve spared no expense to grow colorful, flavorful, and juicy peaches. More fantastic late season peaches are still yet to come!
· Plum markets are getting tighter, but we will have Angeleno black plums through September!
· Juicy, red pomegranates will be in supply until November.
Attention Buyers, Merchandizers, and Produce Managers!
Fall shelf space gets tight for stone-fruit, a winner for the bottom line of the produce department. Traditionally, changing to the fall set means retailers lose some space for these items, which have good margins and returns. Our solution is to give you creative and cart-stopping shelf space FOR FREE! What if you could have your cake and.. (better yet) stone-fruit and sell it too? Contact your sales representative for more information about our solution!